The Arts and Cultural Alliance of Freeport (ACAF) is seeking a motivated and enthusiastic individual to work with the arts and cultural community to implement the Freeport Cultural Plan, increase participation in arts and cultural events, and raise the visibility of Freeport as a destination for arts and culture.
ACAF, a not-for-profit arts and cultural organization, in partnership with the Town of Freeport, commissioned development of a Cultural Plan (Plan) for the town. ACAF is seeking a Coordinating Director to help move ACAF and its mission into the future and to realize the goals and objectives of the Plan. The Coordinating Director will function as the ambassador of ACAF and the Plan to individuals and community organizations, and will assist the ACAF Board of Directors in all phases of Plan implementation. This will involve regular communications, information sharing, networking and relationship building.
- Help develop and maintain an online directory of artists, performers, cultural organizations, performances, venues, and events, providing links to local artistic and cultural resources.
- Assist in developing and maintaining a community bulletin board.
- Network with local artists, arts and cultural organizations, schools, businesses, and town officials to cross-promote arts and cultural events.
- Help promote ACAF and arts and cultural events through print, social media, press releases, tourism- and town-based websites, and Freeport Community Television.
- Help develop and maintain a cultural e-blast and newsletter.
- Work with the Board to raise awareness of the social and economic benefits of an enhanced cultural sector.
- Work with the Board in creating a Development Plan and assist in annual fundraising and grant-writing efforts.
- Help to develop and manage annual budgets and to achieve budget priorities.
- Report to the Board at monthly Board meetings.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of two years related work experience. Work experience within the Not-for-Profit sector a definite plus.
- Self-directed, process-oriented, and highly motivated individual.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Creative problem solving and multi-tasking skills.
- Genuine interest in networking with local organizations and expanding and promoting artistic and cultural events in Freeport.
- Ability to connect and work with all types of people.
- Competence with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint (or equivalent).
- Ability to use social media outlets for marketing and promotion.
- Website maintenance experience preferred.
- Grant writing experience strongly preferred.
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.