- This event has passed.
Casco Bay Tummlers
December 12, 2019 @ 7:00 pm - 9:30 pm$12 – $15
The Casco Bay Tummlers Klezmer Band have been performing in Maine and internationally for over 30 years. They are Maine’s primary purveyors of Eastern European Jewish party music, improvisational Balkan tunes, and Yiddish folk songs. Their repertoire also has elements of swing and gypsy music, and includes many original compositions. The Tummlers have performed at international festivals in Europe, recorded original music for film, developed scores for theater productions, and have released three CDs.
About the Band:
- Steve Gruverman (clarinet/sax) brings an extensive background in ethnic dance music and Middle Eastern music to his soulful playing.
- Carl Dimow (flutes/guitar) has developed a unique klezmer flute style which has brought him national recognition.
- Nancy Hoffman (accordion/vocals) performs with both a depth of understanding, and a light-hearted playfulness.
- John Clark (bass) is a versatile musician who can be seen doing everything from symphony concerts to free jazz.
- Peter McLaughlin (drums) – when not performing klezmer music, Peter is often touring internationally with alternative rock groups.
Tickets are $12.00 in advance and $15.00 at the door.
NOTE: Cadenza is a busy place with a very active calendar – sometimes our webmaster can’t keep up with all that’s going on over there. We recommend purchasing tickets in advance. If you’re checking them out on the spur of the moment, we recommend you visit CadenzaFreeport.com to confirm the lineup. Or just stop by — whoever is playing will be worth taking a chance!