- This event has passed.
Picnic at the Desert
July 18, 2020 @ 5:30 pm - 8:00 pm$30
Desert of Maine invites you to savor a night out on the dunes!
Each ticket includes a picnic dinner prepared by Gather, a sweet treat from Wicked Whoopies, live music on the dunes, and a donation to Freeport Community Services. To ensure ample space for social distancing, a limited number of tickets are available. Don’t miss this chance to get out of the house, dine on an upscale picnic meal from one of the region’s top-rated restaurants, and enjoy live acoustic music—all while supporting Freeport Community Services, one of our town’s indispensable resources.
Freeport Community Services
FCS is a community-run, community-based, not-for-profit organization serving the towns of Freeport and Pownal with the mission to enrich lives, connect neighbors, and help those in need. Since 1974, they have provided essential services such as emergency food, fuel, and utility assistance, as well as enrichment programs for children and adults. FCS owns and manages the Freeport Community Center, which houses five non-profit organizations, and serves as a venue for community arts and cultural events, educational programs, and recreational activities.
FCS has quickly redirected staff and resources to best meet the new needs of those within our community as a result of COVID-19. Addressing hunger, emergency needs, and collaborating with other agencies remain their highest priorities as we all navigate this new normal.
Additional donations to FCS are encouraged—please give what you can!
Here’s how it works:
- Purchase your tickets now while they are available! Select a meal for each attendee in your group (menu options listed in ticket description).
- Additional donations to Freeport Community Services are encouraged—give what you can!
- Leave an optional tip for the team at Gather.
- Prior to the event, you will receive an email with logistical details and your assigned picnic spot in the dunes, which will be marked on site and will be a minimum of 15 feet from other picnickers.
- In the event of inclement weather, the rain date for Picnic at the Desert will be Sunday, July 19. The Desert of Maine will contact everyone by 5pm on Friday, July 17, to confirm a reschedule.
What to bring:
- A mask or face covering to wear while you are not within your assigned picnic spot
- Beverages to enjoy with your picnic meal
- Blankets, lawn chairs, and whatever will make your picnic experience comfortable!
- Your phone, so you can let the management know when you’ve arrived
- Sunscreen, insect repellent, etc.
Desert of Maine will provide:
- The picnic meal from Gather that you’ve pre-ordered (all attendees must reserve a ticket in advance to ensure we follow current state policies for public gatherings)
- Live instrumental music
- Hand-washing sink