It’s never too early — or too late — to join FebFest.
FebFest is a cooperative marketing/publicity “umbrella”. Presenters create their events as they see fit, and together we all tell the world about it.
To be eligible for FebFest:
- Event is focused on arts/culture. Arts/culture includes literary arts (prose, poetry, etc.), visual arts (painting, sculpture, photography, film, etc.), artisan/craft work (ceramics, fiber work, pottery, etc.), performing arts (music, theater, dance, etc.), history & heritage. Qualifying events include plays, concerts, recitals, open mics, poetry slams, workshops, classes, demonstrations, book signings, author talks, film screenings, exhibits, and lectures. If your event type and genre isn’t on this list, ask us if it qualifies.
- Event takes place in Freeport/South Freeport, Pownal, or Durham, Maine.
- Event takes place in February.
- Event is open to the public.
FebFest promotions include:
- FebFest posters (these promote the festival as a whole, not individual events)
- FebFest website and Facebook page (these promote festival and individual events)
- Grassroots publicity – everyone helps each other get the word out about FebFest and individual events via whatever means they have at their disposal — social media, email, face-to-face contact, cross-promotion at their event, etc.
- Event listings and FebFest literature distributed at FebFest events to the extent presenters and budgets allow
To get listed:
- Send us your event information – title, presenter, location, date, time, description, genre(s), fee, ticket info, event website link, event contact (for public to get more information), etc. Please note if your event fits into any of these special categories: family-friendly, just for kids, adults-only/21+, content not appropriate for all audiences, features Freeport/Pownal/Durham artists and artisans. If you have photos, a logo, or other artwork to illustrate your event, send that as well. We will look for ways to include that on the FebFest website and Facebook page. The more information you send in, the more material we have at our disposal to post on social media and pitch to our media contacts.
- If you have an ACAF events calendar account and your event is ready to go public, all you have to do is add your event to the calendar and include the tag “FebFest.”
- If you do not have an ACAF calendar account or if your event isn’t ready to go public, submit your event using our FebFest submission form and we’ll be in touch to work out the rest.
- Pledge to actively promote FebFest to your contacts. By submitting your event for inclusion in FebFest, you agree to be part of the grassroots effort to publicize the festival. Ways to do that include putting the FebFest logo in your event promotions, making FebFest literature available at your event, linking to FebFest on your website, sharing/liking FebFest posts on Facebook, and “adopting an event” to promote through your own social media and other methods with as much dedication as you do your own event. Whatever you are able to do will make a big difference. This grassroots promotions effort will benefit everyone, including your own event.
Send us your event as soon as possible so we can start promoting it. If you don’t have all the details worked out, send us what you have. You can add detail later. And please spread the word to others who might have an event that could be added. Our goal is to have something on the calendar every day in February!