Are you one of Greater Freeport’s cultural assets?
ACAF is compiling a database of all the people, organizations and locations that make up our vibrant arts and cultural sector. If you are an artist, artisan, craftsperson, performer, or work in the humanities, and you live, create, teach or offer cultural works in Freeport, Pownal or Durham, or if you represent a cultural organization or related business in these communities, you are a cultural asset. We want to know about you!
Many of the great ideas that were shared while developing the Freeport Cultural Plan hinge on having a robust list of local arts and cultural assets – the people, organizations, businesses, cultural sites, venues, and educational institutions that preserve our heritage, nurture the arts, and create the cultural works that enrich our community. (Find out more about the Freeport Cultural Plan here!)
The cultural inventory will be used to:
- Make connections between artists and cultural organizations and teachers to enrich our classrooms.
- Create online directories and other programs to promote local artists and cultural activities.
- Develop networks among artists and cultural organizations to inspire and support each other.
- Connect local artists and cultural organizations with local hospitality businesses to enhance cultural tourism.
- And so much more!
Please take a few minutes to complete this questionnaire about you or your organization’s arts and cultural work. Your responses will help us implement the Freeport Cultural Plan and help Greater Freeport realize its full potential as an arts and cultural mecca. As an added incentive, one respondent will be drawn at random from all completed questionnaires to receive a dinner for two at Azure Café!
Creating the inventory and keeping it current is an ongoing effort. It is never too late to complete a questionnaire for you, your organization, or your business.
Questions? If you have any questions about the inventory, please contact Elizabeth at kiosk@FreeportArtsAndCulture.org.
* Drawing will take place in May 2019.